Need a website, why not build it yourself ?
Good question, lets see, why should you build it yourself.
- First of all, what do you know about websites?
- Do you know how to get a suitable domain name?
- Do you know how to set up and use a hosting account?
- Are you aware of what a website can really do?
- Do you know anything about code such as HTML or PHP?
- What about graphics, do you have any idea how to format or optimize photos and images?
- Are you familiar with best practices and tactics regarding search engine and other forums?
- Do you know the difference between a coded website, a blog or a CMS?
- What do you know about page structure?
- Do you know what a meta tag, alt tag or title tag?
- Are you hoping to be found by search engines such as Google?
- Do you know anything about SEO?
- Are you planning on doing any marketing or promotion for your website?
- And finally do you really have the time and are you really willing to take that chance?
Hiring a web designer is like hiring any other contractor. Learn from your past mistakes when it comes to taking the cheapest bid or quickest solution.
- eBay Admits Google Penalty Had A “Dramatic Impact” On Earnings
Back in May we reported that eBay had some sort of penalty that hit their Google search visibility by about 50%. That is major but now we somewhat know how major. Danny Sullivan reports on Search Engine Land that it may have costed them $200 million…